Excavations of Claymore: The Ginger's Choice

...and what a choice! It's like "to be, or not to be" all over again... or the question of whether God exists, which I spent the better part of my day debating for a philosophy paper. Sorry Claymore, but I'm having trouble making yet another existential choice today.



My string of reactions went a little like this:

"I'm skeptical."
"Wow! I never thought cinnamon and chocolate could go together!"
"Hmm... on second thought, maybe they don't."
"Actually this is really growing on me. I think I like it."
"Ehh, I dunno... this is weird and kind of gross."
"No, you know what, this is one of the best things I've ever gotten from Claymore."

I exaggerate not; all those emotional flip-flops really happened. The Ginger's Choice is truly a conundrum; it's a different experience with every sip.

But in the end, it's just another coffee drink. I give it two out of five stars. You can't even really taste the chocolate OR the cinnamon, or the hazelnut for that matter. You can sense that something is slightly askew, but you're not even sure whether "askew" is a good or bad thing. It seems to change from taste to taste.

If being a ginger is this confusing, I think I'll stay a brunette.

------------------------------

So, about that scene I promised earlier this week - ah, it hasn't been workshopped yet. Our class was cancelled on Tuesday and we didn't get around to critiquing mine today. I do have an older scene I might post later this weekend, but I was in the mood for coffee tonight so what you got for now is a Claymore review.

Actually, it's kind of a funny story about tonight. I went in there to get the Ginger's Choice, which I tried a couple weeks ago when Spaz came to visit but never formally reviewed. But the little card was gone! So I requested the drink, explaining that I was going to review it on my blog. The bar-dude goes "Oh! Are you A Silvertongued Serenade?"

"Uh... yeah," I said. "How do you.....?"

Apparently the night I gave Laura a link to my blog, she left it in Claymore and this guy picked it up and actually followed the link here.

Seriously? People I don't even know read this thing? What a great advertising strategy! I should start dropping links to my blog everywhere! WORLD DOMINATION IS WITHIN MY GRASP, MUAHAHAHAHA!

.....umm, yeah. With that I bid you adieu.

Peace, love, and ghetto basement coffee,
Miss Rex

1 comments:

tdlbr17 said...

but....it's sooooooooo....unique..........and INTERESTING!!

 
Home | Gallery | Tutorials | Freebies | About Us | Contact Us

Copyright © 2009 A Silvertongued Serenade |Designed by Templatemo |Converted to blogger by BloggerThemes.Net

Usage Rights

DesignBlog BloggerTheme comes under a Creative Commons License.This template is free of charge to create a personal blog.You can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.But You must keep the footer links Intact.