Casa Grigio

Mr. Condescending has invited me to invite him to my house - you know, like one of those rousing getting-to-know-you games we've all been forced to play on the first day of grade school/summer camp/college. So! You are all invited to my house, where Mr. C will be the guest of honor this evening. Moreover, you are invited to invite me to your house afterward so I can get to know YOU a little better! Please answer the following, preferably with photo evidence, and anything else you see fit to share:

What books are on your favorite shelf?
What DVD's are on your favorite shelf?
What are your TWO favorite cookbooks?
Select 1-3 recipes you will cook for your special guest.
What will we be drinking that is available?

Welcome to my house, where you will enter via the farmer's porch rather than the front door proper.



Upon entering, you will be greeted by this fellow. Don't worry, he'll bark a lot but he won't bite. Give him a graham cracker and he'll shut right up.



Once you've befriended Harold, I'll feed you obscene amounts of food. We have a grand total of two cookbooks in my house, and one of them doesn't even belong to us. I've barely cracked either of them, so I will probably make something entirely different.



If you come at breakfast time, I may make French toast with cinnamon, omelettes whatever way you like 'em, or banana blueberry pancakes.



If you come for lunch or dinner, I'll probably serve you my specialty, vegetarian burritos. Or if you're lucky enough to be here for dessert, and even if it's not dessert time I will probably feed you dessert, I'll bake fresh banana bread from scratch and/or peppermint cookies with chocolate kisses on top, also from scratch.



If someone's gone shopping, I can offer you a variety of juice drinks, the most notable being punch flavored Juicy Juice. No, we don't have children in the house. The Juicy Juice is mine. I confess. I can also offer you milk, with or without lactose! If you want to provide your own booze, I can make you delicious punch with sherbet in it! Sorry but you'll have to wait til next year if you want me to buy the booze.

But if, like today, no one's gone shopping in a while, then you're stuck with cancer-ridden tap water. I hope you like tumors.

If it's nice out, we'll eat on the patio.



As you can see by this picture, it's not nice out today. It's quite cold and wet, actually. So we will be dining inside. After we eat, we've got a lot of choices for activities! We could go up to the family room...



...and watch a movie from either my collection or the rest of my family's (but good luck finding anything worth watching, as all the best movies seem to disappear into the black hole of my sister's room. We could have a scavenger hunt if you're into that sort of thing, a.k.a. if you're one of my four-year-old campers). Unfortunately I don't have the funds to buy all my favorite movies. If this collection could truly encompass my favorites, you'd also see plenty more by Pixar, The Princess Bride, The Wizard of Oz, the complete works of Hayao Miyazaki, and The Lakehouse.



Since my movie selection is so limited, maybe you'd rather take a walk. There's a reservoir nearby that we can walk to.



On the way, we're sure to encounter all sorts of fascinating wildlife!!



I'm sure you'll be tired after our walk, so why don't we go lounge around in my room? It's the color of a lemon! Welcome to the yellow submarineeeee



While we're up there, you can browse my bookshelf. I hope you like fiction, especially fantasy, because I don't have a ton of other genres to offer. Some poetry, some classics, two or three different Bibles, and yeah. That about covers it.



If you were looking for something that requires less thought than reading, I wouldn't object to snuggling. Hmm. This is what the ceiling looks like from my bed.



Well, it's been a long day. Tomorrow I'll come visit you!! =D

P.S. DON'T FORGET TO VOTE TODAY!

11 comments:

Mr. Condescending said...

Glad you did this!

I like the pic you got of the bunny haha.

For some reason I really like reservoirs, probably because they are so clean...so I would have to go there! Oh and I'm not so sure about vegetarian burritos but breakfast sounds good!

Meg said...

Harold is precious! He and I would be fast friends.
Thanks for stopping by and leaving such thoughtful comments - I appreciate it so much! I'm off to watch your video :)

Teresa @ ♥ Too Many Heartbeats ♥ said...

I wanted to stop by and say hello to my new blog friend and to thank you so very much for stopping by my blog and leaving such nice comments. It really brightens my day to not only know that someone has actually read what I have written, but that they cared enough to leave sweet a comment. It is truly a blessing to me!

To answer your question about what I do all day - well, not much actually! :o) Mostly, I have to rest in a reclining position in order to keep my pulse and blood pressure at a steady state. Usually, I'm also receiving my IV fluids for the day as well. Other than that, I watch TV, read and nap. I also do a lot of things on the computer. Over the last few years, I have become very interested in interior design/decorating, so I spend a lot of time on those kinds of blogs and message boards. And, of course, lately, I've been doing a lot of work getting my own blog up and running. Since I tire easily, it takes me a long time just to get one post complete.

I like your post for today. It is very interesting. We just moved into our new home that my husband built a little over a year ago and most of my books are still packed. We plan to build some nice bookcases in our study soon and I can't wait to get all of my books out! My favorite author is Francine Rivers and I love her book, 'The Atonement Child', the best. She has a ton that are awesome but that is my favorite. I love almost all kinds of music but contemporary Christian is my favorite right now. I love Barlow Girl, tobyMac, Third Day, Casting Crowns, Chris Tomlin and MercyMe to name a few. I also still LOVE the 80s music that I grew up with like Def Leppard, Prince, Journey, Air Supply and Chicago. I couldn't tell you the name of my cookbooks. I very rarely look at one. I have a ton of recipes in a little box. I am not where I can get to them right now but maybe I'll come back later and share a couple with you. At our house we have sweet tea, coke/diet coke, crystal light and then a ton of sports drinks because I HAVE to have all the extra salt, sugar and other electrolytes they provide. You won't find any alcohol here.

Well, I'm one tired puppy so I will go for now. Again, I am so thankful that you stopped by my blog. I am truly thankful and I hope to see you again really soon!

Blessings,

Teresa <><

TooManyHeartbeats(at)gmail(dot)com

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Super fun!!!!!!!!!! What a great little, cozy house you have...I love it! Thanks for coming to my blog!

Aunt Julie said...

Sweet snaps...love that checkerboard rug! BTW, SITS sent me over...and I'm having a giveaway where EVERYBODY wins, so please come on by!

Anonymous said...

hey i'm in this blog! C:

why have we never watched Princess Bride together!!!! That's simply OUTRAGEOUS! Not good at all. If we ever see each other again, i'm making my famous Mrs. Fields' brownies and we are WATCHING THAT MOVIE!

i mean, seriously.

Organic Meatbag said...

We all live in a Yellow Submarine! A Yellow Submarine! A Yellow Submarine! Oh thanks, now that's stuck in my head...hahahaha!

Teresa @ ♥ Too Many Heartbeats ♥ said...

Hey,

I wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog again and leaving another comment. Very interesting about your friend who is a vocal performance major. That is cool! Where does she go to school?? My middle daughter will be going to college next fall (2010) and will be a music education major.

I did try speaking from my 'upper register' but nothing will come out. I'd LOVE to learn sign language. That is something I've always wanted to know but I've just never had the opportunity to learn. Hopefully, I'll have my voice back before I have the chance to take a class! ;0)

Well, I hope you are having a fantastic Monday! I look forward to 'seeing you' again soon!

Many Blessings,

Teresa <><

http://toomanyheartbeats.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Its a comforting thought to know that Harold is probably dead. As for CockSuckingCondescending, I hope he gave you herpes after your really bad 2012 breakup.

Anonymous said...

How many cocks have been in your mouth since this post Christian whore?

Does Robert get fucked in the ass by you?
#MaleFeminist

Anonymous said...

Fucking Whore

 
Home | Gallery | Tutorials | Freebies | About Us | Contact Us

Copyright © 2009 A Silvertongued Serenade |Designed by Templatemo |Converted to blogger by BloggerThemes.Net

Usage Rights

DesignBlog BloggerTheme comes under a Creative Commons License.This template is free of charge to create a personal blog.You can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.But You must keep the footer links Intact.